Thursday, October 11, 2012

Online Article

Here is a link to an online LDS newspaper that mentions my art.  Click on the link and specify Oct 9, 2012 issue.
www.latterdaysentinel.com

It turned out to be a huge art show.  Perhaps over 75 pieces of art in a variety of mediums.  It was so great to see both professional and new artists mingle together and be inspired from each other's work.  I was especially gratified to talk with artists who were timid about showing their works, or who had never before displayed their art and got to see their pieces displayed in a professional manner.  There is such evidence of our divine nature in any work of creation.  I am increasingly aware of how much of ourselves we put into our art, and how each piece needs to be treated with care and value.

On another note,  I guess in my advancing age, I am finally learning to value things that I don't personally agree with, or care for - as a valid artistic statement in itself.  Diversity is a very, very good thing.

No comments: